An ordinary person's thoughts on the complexities of art & life ...

An ordinary person's thoughts on the complexities of life ... or just ramblings from the mind of a working Mum with far too little time to think!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Interesting Client order



I have an interesting art request. A Psychologist is revamping her practice and has ordered five very large framed fine art prints in very odd sizes to fit the walls in the room and tone in with her new black and white marble floors. She roamed my gallery and has chosen some of my favourite images from Venice and Rome, taken on my travels through Europe with a small, lightweight Nikon camera. Enlarging these particular images to the odd sizes required has been quite challenging, however with the help of my very knowledgeable Printer/Framer, Mark de Calmer, we have produced a very exciting result.

The first of these images is a statue of a marble angel taken in very low light inside the magnificent Pantheon in Rome. It is one of my favourite images - I stood and stared at this angel for ages when I first saw the statue bathed in a very soft wash of light. I wanted to capture the innocence and beauty that the soft end-of-day light reflected onto the statue. I only had my lightweight Nikon camera, no tripod and did not want to use any flash. And, there were so many people there! As soon as there was a break in the crowd, I grabbed the opportunity, focused and stopped breathing while my camera seemed to take forever to take the shot. I only had the time for one shot - and luckily it worked!

The second image is a black & white shot of a beautiful old church, the Chiesa della Pieta, along the Grand Canal in Venice. It was love at the first glimpse of this elegant building, especially when a local Venetian spotted my interest and told me that composer and violinist Antonio Vivaldi used to visit this church regularly.

The third image is a view of the Trevi fountain in Rome, the stone newly cleaned and with sparkling, clear blue water - again a favourite spot of mine.

The last image takes us to Queensland in Australia and is an abstract shot of mangroves and their reflections.



No comments:

Post a Comment